Watercolor Wildflowers

These little beauties are from the class I’m taking with Junelle.  DSC_0126

These flowers are all New Jersey wildflowers sketched from a book I found at the library.  I apologize, I didn’t write down names!  I do know the last one is some type of thistle and this top one is a relative of the cone flower, I believe.

DSC_0127

The idea is to share, so I attached them to cards with photo corners and washi tape!  The look with the tape is so cute!

DSC_0128

Blessings and wildflowers to you friends!

Advertisements

Project Life – week 3

Once again, I apologize for the quality of the photos!  Someday I’ll figure out what the rest of you are doing to get them right! 😉

DSC_0129

I used the cards I made a few weeks ago for this one.  SO cute!  These are Yellow Owl stamps (picked up at Home Made!) on kraft paper cut to size.

DSC_0130

Just a simple little watercolor this week since I didn’t have a camera on our picnic (and my phone is full – the silly thing tells me there’s no more room for pictures!)

DSC_0131

I like all the cards I’ve worked with so far, but this feels a bit more like us – not too crazy, but fun – it’s definitely way more coordinated than we usually are though!

Making Do and Refashioning Baby Clothes – Part 4

We’re finishing off the week with assorted mending/re-fashions of Eleanor’s clothes.

DSC_0009

These brown pants had a decent sized hole in the knee.  After a quick running stitch and cute heart cut from a scrap shirt – ta da!  Super cute, wearable pants!

DSC_0012

This dress is still a bit big for her.  The gray shirt was a hand-me down from Wyatt and it just seemed so boy.  I cut the bottom hem off to reduce bulk, and added a yellow skirt (the same way I did here).  A bit more girly now!

Thanks for coming along this week on all these refashioning adventures!  What are YOU refashioning these days??

Making Do and Refashioning Baby Clothes- Part 3

Once again, no before picture!  Just imagine the shirt with long sleeves and the pants with elastic hem on the bottom of the legs.

DSC_0114

 

The pants could use some finishing on those jagged, raw edges.  They are really cute capri’s now though!  The label says 3-6 mons, but they still fit around the waist and the color goes so well with so many of her clothes they needed to stay in the rotation.  So, I just cut off the tight leg bottoms.

DSC_0139

We got this shirt at the Salvation Army on a recent D.C. trip.  It’s so cute, but it was long sleeved and won’t fit her when long sleeve weather rolls around.  I just cut the sleeves off from the arm pit, up.

DSC_0118

 

The raw edges would have been fine, especially with the striped print, you couldn’t really tell that I didn’t cut the straightest line, but I’ve been wanting to add some scallops to something.

DSC_0146

For these I just folded the raw edge under about 1/4″ and used perle cotton (embroidery floss that is not separable like the 6 strand floss that comes in mini hanks) to blanket stitch from 1/4″ from the armpit center all the way around to an 1/4″ from the other side of the armpit center.  (Basically, I didn’t do any stitching in the armpit because you won’t be able to see it and it could be uncomfortable for her.)

DSC_0115

Then I took a tiny crochet hook (size 7/1.65mm) and made a scallop (single crochet, half double crochet, 2 double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet) in each blanket stitch.

DSC_0147

So dainty and cute!  There will definitely be more decorated edges in the future – maybe to finish the hem of these pink pants???

DSC_0137

Making do and Refashioning Baby Clothes- Part 2

This idea came from something I’d seen on twins a year or so ago.

I don’t have a before, but here is why I put the skirt on – a big stain on the front.  This onsie was actually Wyatt’s!
DSC_0113

And after:

DSC_0008

It’s really cute – but the skirt is not sewn on straight.  There’s really no excuse – there are dots I could have followed!  Oh well, she moves so much and so fast you don’t really notice and it’s a wearable piece now that she’ll probably outgrow in no time!

Making Do and Refashioning Baby Clothes

For the rest of the week I’m going to share some re-fashions I’ve done with Eleanor’s clothes.  So far I’ve done all the re-fashioning by hand, mostly during nap times or on the couch after they little ones go to bed.

Before:

DSC_0010

A long sleeve polka dot t-shirt and a thrifted purple t-shirt from my stash (a big one – just got it to cut up and use the fabric).

And After!

DSC_0095

Cute little cap-sleeved dress.  She did that posing all by herself! 😉

I kept this polka dot shirt because I thought it was so cute even though it’s hot here now and it won’t fit her when it gets colder.  It also didn’t fit over her head, but I just couldn’t part with it.  I’m so glad I kept it!

DSC_0100

Here’s the link I used to get the right measurements for the skirt part.  SO helpful!

The sleeves got cut off (just a straight cut from the arm pit, up) and a skirt sewn on to the bottom (I did cut off the hem of the gray shirt to reduce the bulk).  No hem needed on the purple skirt because I was able to just use the bottom hem of the thrifted shirt!  Easy!

DSC_0111

I put a little slit in the back of the collar to help it over her head, then added a little button from the stash and a tiny crochet chain loop to close it.

There are no plans on the horizon to finish the raw edges.  It’s already been washed several times and is holding up well.

DSC_0102

I think she likes it! 😉

Lessons Learned from Project Life So Far…

1. I need to take more horizontal pictures!  This is almost automatic with the ‘real’ camera – but with the phone, almost all of them are vertical just by the nature of the way the phone is set up.

DSC_0038 DSC_0039

2. Find better lighting for these kind of photos of full page spreads for the journal.

DSC_0042 DSC_0041

3. Touch up phone photos before printing.

DSC_0044 DSC_0043

4.  I’m really liking it!